hog on tree

Want to share your secrets for cooking goodness? Post here.

hog on tree

Postby bluhorseman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:49 pm

its real easy to clean a hog . for most folks it takes about 15 to 30 min. to kill - hang - skin - and to gut and to trim off the outside fat. to cut the hog up take
Last edited by bluhorseman on Fri May 31, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluhorseman

Re: hog on tree

Postby redwattles » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 pm

This is great. You're practicing an almost lost art. Many of us wish we'd paid attention when grandparents were doing things like this. There are so many people now trying to get back to the simpler things in life. Even though some things are harder and take more time they're more rewarding and healthy. I'd much rather grow my own food rather than pick it up off a shelf in a grocery. I KNOW what I do on my little farm. You are what you eat!
redwattles

Re: hog on tree

Postby TSchieffelbein » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:55 pm

One of the things that I bought when I got my first paycheck at my new job was a meat saw. A friend of mine had died of cancer leaving behind a big meat saw (band saw), a grinder, a tote full of tools and a crawl in cooler. No one in his family wanted it and his Dad had heard that I wanted to learn so he offered it to me in a package deal for $500.00 Everything works like a charm. I am quite sure that Nado looks down on me and laughs his head off when he sees what I am doing but at least I am trying. One of my next goals is to raise pigs that have those same little dotted lines on them that the meat charts have :lol:
TSchieffelbein

Return to Pork and Other Recipes